Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Nuclear Family - S/T LP


This post from Kevin covering thier EP introduced me to this great band. I listened to that once and couldn't get my hands on it soon enough, I have since spun that record to a pulp. But I was actually getting quite frustrated because I could not find any information on this band that I love so much (just found this). Imagine my surprise when I walk into Extreme Noise to find this LP front and center. Boy it does not disappoint, 8 songs and 16 minutes of bliss in the form of female fronted melodic not-quite-hardcore punk. I am a bit conflicted about this record, because on one hand it sounds just like the 7", which is great, but I would love to hear where this band could take things. Hopefully they will show us on the next release, if there is one. Loudpunk

3 comments:

guy said...

This is a tour version of their LP. The real deal will be out in a couple weeks. They sadly just recently broke up

I am pretty sure there will be color vinyl for mail order too

Anonymous said...

They're breaking up unfortunately.
Thanks for this, missed grabbing this at their last Boston show. Great band!

Chris said...

Really like this, thanks.