Monday, January 11, 2010

Bear Proof Suit - Science is Dead


Here's one that I picked up on a whim at Extreme Noise after I recalled seeing an interview in Razorcake, I'm glad I did. Hailing from Milwaukee, WI, Bear Proof Suit play what I guess I'd describe as, Husker Du's harder songs but with sabbathy guitar leads (probably a bad comparison, but fuck it). I'm not going to lie, I wasn't all that impressed with the record the first couple times through...but damn! did it sink some hooks into me, I could not get "Prosecutors Will Be Violated" out of my head (in a good way). You can buy this EP (includes 3 originals and a Wipers cover) on sale from Criminal IQ Records. If it doesn't hit you at first, I beg that you give it a few more spins, it'll grow on you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great record, they're other material is not nearly as good unfortunately